The traverses are designed to safely lift and carry loads, and they will be used in particular when transporting goods with non-standard shapes and dimensions. They are most often used as equipment for overhead cranes, cranes, forklifts or runways. Thanks to having several suspension points, we can use the traverses when carrying very long or heavy items. It should be remembered that, depending on the intended use, you need to select a crossbeam with an appropriate structure and lifting capacity. What will we use the traverses for?
The use of traverses
Traverses are very practical and popular gripping devices for carrying goods of unusual sizes and shapes, which enable the use of multi-leg slings. Depending on the transported materials, we can select a lifting beam with appropriate parameters. They are used mainly where it is not possible to use standard single and multi-leg chain slings. We use traverses for the transport of goods whose load exceeds the capacity of a single crane or whose dimensions do not allow it. They are also a great solution for carrying very long or thin goods that are exposed to bending, cracking or deformation.
Various types of traverses
The traverses that will be used in the warehouse, in sea transport or during construction will differ from each other. Depending on the transported load, you should select the appropriate size of the carrying beam, its structure and capacity. There are several types of traverses, such as:
• beam for longitudinal loads of fixed length,
• “H” type with adjustable hook position,
• spreaders with adjustable beam length for longitudinal loads of different lengths,
• swivel for transport in difficult to maneuver places,
• pallet fork for pallet handling,
• for forklifts, mounted on the forks of the forklift and equipped with a hook for hanging the load.
We also distinguish specialist traverses, constructed for the transport of specific goods:
• rotary for transporting sheet metal or foil coils,
• for transporting turbine rotors,
• electromechanical for transporting sheet metal sets,
• vacuum, equipped with special suction cups that generate negative pressure, for transporting glass, plates or sheets.
All traverses should meet all safety standards and comply with the standards of the so-called Machinery Directive.
Check out the site www.mipromet.eu.
What is your reaction?